Wednesday, December 03, 2008

twilight

i just felt the need to post what i have in mind after watching the movie twilight last saturday. yeah, everyone's raving about it but honestly, i like the book better and i was disappointed with its movie version. well, first i would have preferred someone else play the role of Edward Cullen. i know that you might disagree with me but unfortunately the Edward that i saw on film did not meet my standards of the Edward described in the book. second, i feel that the movie could have been a lot better. the story could have been presented in a much better way. if you did not read the book first before watching the film, you may like it but if you did, chances are that you will agree with me. :) if the folks who made the Harry Potter movie were able to give justice to the book in its film version, i honestly would have hoped the same for twilight. but if i will be asked if i will still watch the sequels, i will. for the hope that these will outbest its previous sequel. but of course, this is only my two cents. :)

------------------------------------------------

it just happened
dark secrets had been revealed
everyone's sitting on the edge of their seat
intently watching, listening
heart beats intensifying
confusion and fear overlooms
so many unanswered questions
is this the end of these all
we can only hope

3 comments:

Rui said...

just a random passerby stopping at the word 'twilight' to take a moment to read what you've got to say ! I myself haven't watched the actual movie (then why I am commenting on your blog ABOUT the movie.. well..im just curious) anyways, hha I myself don't think I'll like it as much as the book, but did you atleast like the book? My sister and brother who went to go see the movie, my brother not having read the book said it was good, and he would like to read the book now and my sister who has read the book said it was good but went to fast and wasn't as good as the book. Well, I'm sure it won't live up to my standards either..I'm hoping to see more of that Jacob Black in New Moon though, did you know it's coming out late 2009/early 2010?

russ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
russ said...

hi RUI! thanks for taking the time to read my post and give some insights about the film and the movie. :) of course, i already anticipated that not everyone would agree to what i have written. :) regarding your question about the book, i like it better than the movie. maybe because i get to visualize the details i read and somehow create my own scene of what i have read. well, you can say that i have a wild imagination. hehehe... thanks for the info about the sequel. for sure i will be looking forward to it. i hope i don't get disappointed this time. :) btw, i can't wait for the breaking dawn sequel. i'm just starting to read it and some friends told me it's the best book among the four. of course, that is still for me to find out. :) you have a good day. :)