Sunday, October 08, 2006

thoughts on getting married

i saw my highschool friend a couple of days ago and i remember her saying the same thing when i bumped with her a couple of months ago. this is what she told me, "ate russ, mag-asawa ka na!". weird... hahaha... i asked her why she wants me to get married soon and just gave me a plain answer "baka mauna pa ako sa'yo e!". her reply threw me off. the truth is i find it funny... ang babaw kse. i just smiled and said, "darating at darating un, kung meron e di meron kung wala, wala".

i don't look at marriage as a fad nor a scapegoat from the ruthless eye of our society. to tell u frankly, i haven't had any relationship eversince. and until now that i am 27, i'm still not in a hurry to jump into a relationship and get married... kahit na maiiwan na ako ng biyahe... as they say it...

masyado lang siguro ako na-trauma... i have witnessed two failed marriages in a span of 4 years involving my immediate family. those are my parents' and my brother's marriages. but there are a lot of other reasons too... i have a sole responsibility of providing for my mom right now... i still want to do a lot in life... those that i was not able to do when i was not earning my money yet. though at times, i think about it too. i guess, no one wants to grow old alone. :) neither i... but if this is what God has intended for me... Thy will be done. :)

note: i've got the picture on top from this website: click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pwede ba, you don't have to think about it talaga. sarap naman this way. sabagay, we'll have brighter days kasi we'll be together forever nina yoshee, as in, spinsters for life.

Anonymous said...

oo naman... :) for sure tayong dalawa will b spinsters pero si yoshie baka hinde... hehehe