Saturday, March 24, 2007

back to blogging

i've been out for a week. yeah, i had to take a break from work and i had to admit that our office is my only source of internet. hehehe... of course, i can always rent but for some weird reasons, i cannot access my blog in internet cafes which began when i changed my blog layout. oh well, enough of that. hehehe...

i would guess that you would like to know the reason behind my sudden decision to take a week long break from work. i'm not sure if i have blogged about this already but here goes:

it all started last march 15th. payout day. we were supposed to receive our incentive. we were all expecting that we are going to receive it on that day. due to unfortunate turn of events, it was not included in our pay. not even a word of warning or any information that we are not going to get it on that day. the effect... everybody's disappointed... name any adjective that will mean the same thing... you got it.

i was on my off when i received that bad news and i was so disgusted. i am going to use that money to pay some bills. the result, i had to wait for the next payday to be able to pay a bill. that money is intended for my credit card bill which will be due on the 29th. now, i don't know where to get money to pay it.

saturday, march 17. i was not supposed to come to work but because i am courteous enough to file my leaves, i had to. this was yet another bad day for me. i think i had blogged about this on the same day so i wont recount that anymore. all i will reinstate is that was definitely a bad day and i was so irate. good thing our shift lead understood why i was like that.

so, i decided to take a break and clear my mind. think things over and decide whether i will leave the company or not. so far i think i was successful on doing that.

initially, my mom and i were planning to visit my cousin in san pablo, laguna because she is in the hospital but later on decided against it because of the lack of money to finance the trip. honestly, this was the first time i felt so financially depleted in my entire life. i can't even save up for myself. not even a single cent. but i know my hard earned money goes somewhere that is worth it. a new place to start again and a new place to call your home from your own blood, sweat and tears.

i guess i made the right move to take a break from work. i have been working for 7 months without any absences, enduring all the stress whenever we receive our pays. though i never went out of town and just stayed at home, my mind cleared and can now think well. thanks to cooking and talking with a friend. i was supposed to make a drastic move and resign from work. i was planning to use this leave to apply to other companies but again, i realized i don't have enough money to finance it. grabeh! naaawa na talaga ako sa sarili ko! ganun pa man, i have decided to stick with the company until such time that i feel that there's no more hope. i am also going to focus on the task on hand. yes, i need to focus and psych myself that i am now taking in more calls than before and will talk with pervert people because we are staying for good in this account.

i enjoyed my time off out of our office. i got to bond with my mom in making banoffee pie, empanadas and eggplant chips. i got to see an old friend that i haven't seen for a year. if i remember it correctly, the last time i visited her was pretty much the same time of the year 2006. yeah, it's been a year. to be honest, i dread this day that i had to come back to work but i don't have much of a choice. i have to keep this job for my dreams to materialize... my mom's and mine. and i know i have to work hard for it. God speed. :)

No comments: